|Builder||Gamleby Varv Sweden|
|Length overall||41 ft 4 in / 12.6 m|
|Length deck||41 ft 4 in / 12.6 m|
|Length waterline||31 ft 6 in / 9.6 m|
|Beam||8 ft 6 in / 2.6 m|
|Draft||6 ft 3 in / 1.9 m|
|Construction||Mahogany planking on oak / galvanized steel frames|
|Engine||Volvo Penta 2003 (1989)|
These details are provisional and may be amended
Tore Holm’s most important designs were built to the International Rule – ISOLDE as an 8 Metre cruiser has that natural quality about her when sailing and lines that would turn anyone’s head when seen ashore. Remarkable of course is the beautifully proportioned and curvaceous cabin top with its rounded forward end, virtually a signature of this designer. A string of careful owners leaves ISOLDE in fine original trim and a purity to leave one spellbound.
VAT is unpaid on this yacht
ISOLDE was built in 1953 at Gamleby Varv, which was Tore Holm, the designer’s own yard, for Teodor Ahrenberg in Sweden. Isolde has had 6 owners documented. Until 1987 when the present owner sailed her to Norway, she spent her sailing days in the Stockholm archipelago with home harbour at “Vikingarnas SS”. In the 1950s she participated in the Stockholm Race Circus at Sandhamn, since 1987 part of the Norwegian Classic Yacht milieu.
ISOLDE has been well kept by all her owners, giving her proper good wooden boat maintenance. During the last 5 years substantial varnishing has been done to upgrade the bright work.
During 2008 – 2009 the interior was also re-varnished, including the hulls inside and under the floors. A new mast step was also made of stainless steel. In 2010 the chain plates were replaced with stainless steel and the head compartment rebuilt.
ISOLDE was last surveyed for Insurance in 2007, qualifying for full cover.
Mahogany close planking on steam bent ash ribs and galvanized steel ribs (every 3rd) and sawn oak frames. Original Oregon pine deck and new mahogany cap rail 1995 / 2009. New rudder and rudder stock were made in stainless steel in 2009. The mahogany cockpit was rebuilt in 1999 with high comings, seating both sides and teak grating sole.
From the mahogany cockpit a sliding roof hatch and companionway steps lead down to the accommodation below. The galley is to port with a Cook Mate stove and sink. To starboard there is a pilot berth aft under the cockpit and a large ice box / fridge with a chest of three drawers separating this area from the saloon.
In the saloon the high back of the benches form the two Pullman berths with bookshelves and lockers above and outboard both sides. All new wool upholstery - mattresses and sofa cushion were installed in 2009.
There are 2 hanging wardrobes, one with access from the saloon, the other forward - by the head (with a holding tank) to starboard. The Ardic water to air heater from the engine is also here, heating both the saloon and the head where wet sailing gear can be hung. Forward again is the forepeak with a stowage bench to port and a berth to starboard and additional stowage right forward.
Rig and spars
- Cutter rig
- Original pine mast totally made over in 2008; varnished with galvanized fittings
- Pine boom (1992) with square aluminium tube for extra strength modified for slab reefing
- Stainless steel standing rigging, partly new in 1990 / 99
- Stainless rigging screws
- 2 x Lewmar bronze winches on the mast and 1 on the boom, new 1998
- Jib pole
- Scissor boom crutch
Sails from Doyle in 1991 – all in serviceable cruising condition
- Main 46 sqm
- Genoa 35 sqm
- Jib 20 sqm
- Smaller Jib, 12sqm also from Doyle from 1988
- Electric Lewmar anchor winch, 1998
- Bruce anchor and 8 mm calibrated anchor chain
- 3 x Lewmar 2 speed ST winches 1998, bronze
- Spray hood
- Boat hook
- Mahogany ladder
- Covers for mahogany coach roof and fore hatch
- Volvo Penta 2003 originally installed 1989 – totally renovated to as new condition 2003
- New propeller and shaft 2003
- Basic 12 V electrical system with switches and battery charger, new 2010
- Epoxy fuel tank deck filled and vented, 2009
- Epoxy water tank, 2009
- All electrical wires (tin / Sn coated) re fitted in 2010
- New Lopolight lanterns in 2010
- Fuel and water hoses changed in 2010
- Shore power installation
- Garmin 126 GPS
- VHF M-TECH SX35 DSC
- Raytheon Tri-data for log, speed and echo sounder
- Raytheon ST60 Wind Instrument
- Raymarine ST 4000+ Tiller Autopilot
- 1x Electric bilge pump
- 1x Manual bilge pump
These particulars have been prepared from information provided by the vendors and are intended as a general guide. The purchaser should confirm details of concern to them by survey or engineers inspection. The purchaser should also ensure that the purchase contract properly reflects their concerns and specifies details on which they wish to rely.